Emergency Phone Numbers
(Print and take with you. Emergency numbers can be stored in cell phones for added convenience.)
Prepare for Your Trip
- Notify UIECU of your travel dates and destination
- Setting up e-Statements and Bill Payment will provide you with access to your account electronically and the relaxations knowing your obligations are fulfilled.
- Take everything out of your wallet or purse that you don't need.
- Photocopy or write down everything you keep in your wallet or purse. Take a copy with you and give a copy to somebody you trust and can contact if necessary. Items such as:
- driver's license or ID number
- passport number
- Memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN) for your cards (never write on cards or keep in wallet)
- Cash & Check Card and VISA Credit Card numbers and expiration dates
- Your UIECU member number
- Lost and stolen phone numbers (provide copies to a trusted relative or friend)
Be sure to keep your written information in a location other than your purse or wallet!
- Always carry your currency and plastics on your body. Never place in a pocket book or back pack that is carried behind you.
- Never let anyone assist you with your luggage.
VISA Credit Large Purchases
In order to protect you and to ensure the validity of your VISA Credit Card transactions, UIECU has a system that detects transactions that are outside of your normal spending patterns. We normally place a temporary block on VISA Credit Cards if we notice any unusual activity. If you plan on traveling out of state or out of the country, or intend to make any large purchases, give us a call at (217) 278-7700 or (877) 678-4328 to talk to a card services representative.
Using your Cash & Check card and/or VISA Credit card
You should have no problem using your Cash & Check Card or VISA Credit Card wherever VISA is accepted. You can use them in ATMs, at merchants, and you can also get a cash advance at a credit union or bank.
Lost or stolen cards
First, call the number(s) listed below. If possible, call the credit union, and let us know immediately at (877) 678-4328. Keep a careful eye on your account, using Touch Tone Teller and/or I-Branch Home Banking. Report any unauthorized transactions immediately.
Cash & Check Card
Lost/Stolen: (800) 262-2024
Verify Recent Activity: (800) 262-2024
Calling from outside U.S.: (973) 682-2652
VISA Credit Card
Customer Service: 866-264-1330 or 866-820-3916
To report lost or stolen cards: 800-449-7728
If calling from outside U.S.: 727-299-2449 (call collect)
Your account will be charged for the U.S. Dollar equivalent of your international transaction. UIECU does not determine the exchange rate. This is determined by the overseas merchant's financial institution or ATM network that you used.
Purchases and cash advances made in foreign countries will be billed to you in U.S. dollars. Visa USA charges a Foreign Transaction Fee of 1% of the transaction amount for any card transaction made in a foreign country.
The following countries have transaction limitations and/or restrictions (List of countries, their limitations and/or restrictions are subject to change without notice):
- Italy (transaction verification requirements)
- Romania (complete transaction block)
Purchasing currency for the country you will be visiting prior to leaving will help ensure that you have immediate cash upon arrival in the event of limited electronic access; limited ATMs, merchants, etc.
Foreign currency orders can be made at any branch location. Please place your order for foreign currency at least two (2) weeks before your travels to allow for currency to be available for pickup at your branch.
Related Pages: [Cash & Check Card FAQ] [VISA Credit Card FAQ]