Graduate Assistant Loans
In an effort to provide assistance to those at the University of Illinois affected by the Graduate Assistant Taxation situation, the U of I Employees Credit Union is offering UI Graduate Assistants a special line of credit.
- Loans up to $2,500
- First payment 90 days from date of loan
- Reduced APR for 12-month term
- Currently enrolled and employed as a Graduate Assistant or Pre-Professional Graduate Assistant at the University of Illinois
- Direct Deposit of payroll to UIECU
- No prior loss caused to UIECU
- Acceptable credit history and ongoing income
The maximum loan will be 100% of anticipated reduction in income due to the tax withholding, with a cap of $2,500.
*All loans are subject to credit approval. The first payment will be set for 90 days from the date of loan. To qualify for a Graduate Assistant Loan the borrower must be a currently enrolled and employed graduate assistant at the University of Illinois and a member of UIECU. Direct deposit of 100% of net income is required. UIECU reserves the right to deny any request. Additional restrictions and documentation may apply.